While searching for car insurance, many of you may look for cheap auto insurance policy. However, it is not at all advisable to overlook quality in order to obtain a cheap insurance. Instead, you should search for the right amount of coverage at an affordable premium cost.
Ways to make your auto insurance affordable:
Finding affordable auto insurance is not as tough as you think it to be. Here are 9 ways that will help you to find a cheap auto insurance policy. These strategies will also help you to make your existing policy more affordable.
1. Check your credit score: Before approaching any insurance company, it is quite necessary that you check your credit score. If you have a high score, then you’ll be able to reduce the premium cost. This is because your insurance company will check your credit score before providing you with the coverage. Actually, your insurer tries to predict whether not you’ll be able to pay the premium on time.
2. Install safety devices in your car: You can install safety devices in your car, which will help you to get discount on your car insurance premium. In some states, there are extra discounts if you have certain things, such as, window sketching.
3. Enroll in a defensive driving course: If you attend a defensive driving course, then you may get considerable discounts on your auto insurance policy. This is because, when you attend such a course, you’re considered to be a trained and experienced driver, who can drive more safely.
4. Purchase yearly policy: Instead of purchasing a bi-yearly (that you need to renew twice a year) car insurance policy, it is advisable that you go for a yearly policy. It will help you to extend your savings on your car insurance as the insurer will not be able to change the rate before completion of 1 year.
5. Increase your deductible amount: This is one of the best ways to transform your existing policy to a cheap auto insurance policy. Insurance deductible is the amount that you agree to pay out of your pocket before your insurer pays for the claim. When you increase your deductible, the insurance company will reduce the premium cost.
6. Go for a group discount policy: Many insurance companies offer group discounts if you have membership with certain organizations, such as, college sororities, credit unions or if you have a credit card. Therefore, before purchasing your policy, ask for the list of organizations that are affiliated with your insurance company.
7. Look for comprehensive storage coverage: If you’ve planned to store your car for sometime, then you should only purchase comprehensive coverage. It will help you to buy an affordable car insurance policy as well as get the required coverage.
8. Look for multiple car discount option: You can convert your existing car insurance into a cheap auto insurance policy by insuring 2 cars from the same insurer. Sometimes, you can insure 2 cars at the price of 1. Even if you don’t get 2 policies at the price of 1, you can definitely reduce the total premium cost significantly.
9. Purchase multiple insurance from single insurer: Insurance companies usually offer discount if your purchase multiple insurance policies from them. At times, you can get 5-20% discount if you purchase combined policies. As for example, you can buy home insurance and car insurance from the same insurer.
Apart from above, there are some other factors that affect the premium rate of your auto insurance policy. One of the most important factors is your driving record. It will help you to get a cheap auto insurance policy if you have a clean driving record. Therefore, drive safely in order to lower the premium cost that you need to pay for the required coverage.